So poor Alex is sickly this evening. He has a runny nose and a fever and just generally doesn't feel good. In Alex-land that means he acts sick for three minutes then plays for twenty, then remembers he's sick and whines and climbs into your lap for another three minutes. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. For three hours... It's kind of exhausting. He usually doesn't eat when he doesn't feel good, so when he asks for food I give it to him, regardless. That means he had a mixed berry cereal bar and a chocolate poptart for dinner tonight. I figured that was better then nothing.
At one point tonight my contacts were bothering me, so while Alex was sitting contentedly watching Dora I thought I'd run upstairs for a second and put on my glasses. I came back downstairs a minute and a half later, and this is what he had done:

Yes, that is black permanent marker ALL OVER his arm! And you can't really tell from the picture, but his other arm matches. Super. At least he didn't use it to draw on his face, or the wall, or my furniture, or his clothes, I guess! It should eventually wear off of his arms, hopefully by the time he starts kindergarten. I'd hate for him to show up for his first day of school with Sharpie arms.
But this does change my plans for Friday. I was going to see about taking him back to Portrait Innovations to have some pictures taken and get another $10 package deal, but I don't want to pay $10 to have Sharpie arms immortalized. Maybe we can get some nice fall pictures in September or October. Or maybe at this point we'll just wait until November and do 2-year-old birthday pictures. Oh well.. the best laid plans of mice and men, and all that...
No comments:
Post a Comment