Monday, July 26, 2010

20 1/2 months ago...

So, generally this kind of reminiscing is done on the first birthday of the child, but as I only started this blog last night, and Alex is 20 1/2 months old, we're going to do it now! :)

So Monday, November 10, 2008, after work, I went to see Dr. Bill. He had been hinting for a couple of weeks about possibly inducing early to ensure he was my delivering doctor. I wasn't due until the 16th, but that afternoon Dr. Bill, very nonchalantly, says to me, "How does Wednesday sound for having this baby?" Sure! Why not?

So Nick and I go (very early) to the hospital Wednesday morning, November 12, to begin the process. Small aside, turns out I had been having contractions for about two weeks and had no idea! Once I was hooked up to the machines I could see the contractions, even though at first I couldn't feel most of them. My nurse was fabulous, and her timing for calling for meds was perfect. I felt very little. Around 2:00 Dr. Bill announces that, despite my best efforts, Alex was just not cooperating. He was going to have to get Alex out "through the sunroof." So we start prepping for surgery. The family was a little worried, and I think Nick was a little worried, but I really wasn't. At 4:37 that afternoon we had our precious baby boy. He barely made a peep, even when he got his heel pricked! (That didn't last long though!) We were wheeled back to our room where Alex got his first bath and met his extended family. We went home from the hospital on Saturday.

Momma and newborn Alex



Alex's first bath



Alex - a few hours old



Alex and Dada



Ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment