Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fun day of sickliness

So Nick stayed home with us yesterday because Alex has been sick since Wednesday afternoon. I'm so glad he did because yesterday was the worst of it, and I don't think I could have made it by myself! Alex really needed a nap, and Nick and I really needed lunch, so we decided to go to Subway to grab lunch, then go for a nice long drive to get Alex to fall asleep. At Subway Alex shanghaied Nick's chips and ate almost all of them. This isn't unusual, except for two things- it's usually my chips he takes, and instead of the usual Doritos, it was Spicy Chipotle Sun Chips. When they say spicy, they are not kidding! Those things had a serious kick, but Alex ate almost all of them with minimal juice. But he loved them! Then we got in the car, and he did NOT love that. See photographic evidence below.

Luckily it didn't last long. Once Nick got him buckled in he screamed for a about a minute and a half before he accepted my offer of juice and fruit snacks. It was an amazing and immediate change. We love fruit snacks! In fact, they end most of our fits.

After fruit snacks we need spidy glasses because it was bright outside. Of course, all the cool kids wear their sunglasses upside-down.

Nap didn't come for about 15 more minutes after this, and lasted about 15 minutes. The late-afternoon drive to the Shoals so Nick could work on the cottage to get it ready to rent was fairly miserable. Alex screamed for the first hour, then we stopped at Burger King and got dinner and he ate really well. That seemed to help. Alex and I LOVE the BK dollar menu. We can both eat for $3.25, which I think is a super-great bargain!
Today DeeDee, Andrea, Alex, and I went to K-Mart to do some recon b'day/Christmas shopping. Then we took Nick and Daddy Joe pizza and cokes. Daddy Joe helped Nick with the cottage, for which I am forever greatful!!!!! As it is unoccupied, it is without power, and therefore without air conditioning, so I couldn't spend the day over there. The heat is killing me these days!
Also, Alex and I took a two-hour nap this afternoon, so we both feel much better!


1 comment:

  1. The timeline with pictures is precious! Hope everyone is all better!

    ReplyDelete