Saturday, August 20, 2011

SuperMom!

So the point of the blog is to talk about the kids, yes, but I feel a need to pat myself on the back today! I'm feeling a lot like SuperMom at the moment. Since nap time yesterday I have been very productive. I swept and steam-mopped the living room, hallway, and kitchen; washed, dried, folded, and put away four loads of laundry and washed and dried a fifth; cleaned two of our three bathrooms; loaded and unloaded the dishwasher twice; tagged all of Alex's clothes from last fall for the upcoming consignment sale; went grocery shopping and saved $11 on a $75 trip; took everything out of the pantry, cleaned, purged, and organized; and made two batches of baby food (plums and squash) for Isabel. Yay me! I still have probably six loads of laundry to go, another bathroom to clean, the upstairs to vacuum, and I need to fold what's in the dryer, clean out the dishwasher, and Swiffer the downstairs. But I feel good about what I got done! I'm so not a good housekeeper, so this is all big for me!

Meanwhile, Alex is enjoying some Dada time. It's been several days since Nick has been home and it is SO obvious Alex needed some Dada attention. He has been crazy boy all day, running, jumping,  playing video games, and watching his new favorite - Power Rangers. Yikes! Nick and I both remember it from our childhoods, but man is it terrible!

Isabel followed me all over the house today while I cleaned, and she pulled up on a box in the bottom of the pantry and stood there until I moved her. I went grocery shopping by myself (that was awesome!) and when I got home she lunged out of Nick's arms and said, "mama, mama, mama!" What a welcome!

It's still a little depressing to not be working, but I keep telling myself it's only for a year, and I'm so lucky to be able to stay home with these two awesome kiddos! How much am I going to get experience this next year that I would have missed had I been working? And every major change in my life has taken a serious act of God, and I know this is no different. There's something here for me over the next year, whether it's making me a better person, better wife, better mother, or if it's some reason my kids need me to be home with them for the next year. And you know, I'm finding myself being pretty okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment