Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Consignment Sale Season!

Like most people I know, I LOVE a bargain! Which is exactly why I love consignment sales! And September and October are prime consignment sale months. With one boy, one girl, and zero plans for additional babies, we have no hand-me-downs, so all those clothes have to go somewhere! Last year I spent $200 getting complete fall wardrobes for both kids, and with what I put in the sale, I made $125 back. So $75 for clothes for both kids. Not bad! And with my new SAHM status, that's exactly what we're looking to do this year! We have some "big" items for sale (bassinet, infant seat/stroller travel system, swing, bouncy seat, pump) in addition to clothes, so I'm hoping to come really close to breaking even. I've been washing, pricing and generally getting things ready for a couple of weeks now. I posted several of our "big" items on Craigslist today. If I can get them sold before the sale, I'll have money to shop! If not, then I'll put them in the sale! Two chances to sale. Yep. I'm brilliant. :)

In other news, Isabel is cruising. That's right. She crawled for two weeks. It's still her preferred method of locomotion, but she's seriously working on this cruising thing now. Standing is apparently the best thing EVER, as she has a desire to do it 24/7, and within three days of getting that down, she has realized that a few careful hand and feet movements result in standing somewhere different! Best thing ever! Everything has potential for helping her stand, so we have to keep a close eye on her now. And today she progressed ever further to this:



That's right. Her first (of many, I'm sure) attempt at climbing up the stairs. Nothing is safe! Seriously. Because we didn't really have this problem with Alex, but Isabel puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. What's with that? Most times it goes in her mouth first, then she pulls it back out the actually look at it, and then, of course, it goes right back in the mouth. She;s going to be our Heimlich baby. We've already had to dig stuff out of her mouth as she chokes more times than I can count. Ridiculous.

The kids are going to DeeDee and Daddy Joe's for the long weekend (while I take Andrea to Dragon*Con), so at least I know she'll be safe there. DeeDee has had LOTS of Heimlich practice over the years, including more than once on yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment